When we or a loved-one experience trauma it can start to feel overwhelming and hopeless. It can be very helpful to divert those feelings toward something productive. One way to do that is through educating yourself and contributing your time or money to agencies who are the leaders for this cause in our community.
Here are a few suggestions:
- You can volunteer for the Rape Recovery Center, or become a certified rape crisis counselor
- You can donate money, sponsor a fundraiser, or do a service project for the rape recovery center.
- Train to Become a Certified Rape Crisis Counselor for the State of Utah
- Work with the Men’s Antiviolence Network of Utah or Men Can Stop Rape
- Check out information on Bystander Intervention trainings and education
- Educate yourself about rape culture, myths, & violence prevention